Installation and Maintenance Instructions
according to Regulation DIN 82079
Information about the Manufacturer
Giebel FilTec GmbH
Aluminium, fluorocarbon rubber (FKM)
No ingredients that must be named according to Regulation (EC) No. 1907/2006.
Structure and Materials
|Adsorber connection||BSP G 1“ female|
|Connection system||BSP G 1“ male|
|Operating temperature||-40°C - +150°C|
|Opening pressure [bar]||0,5||0,3||0,03|
|Total weight [kg]||0,4||0,4||0,4|
Installation and Commissioning
1. Screw valve adapter onto the system. Caution: Installation only with the groove marking downwards. Lightly oil the thread first.
2. Screw the adsorber into the upper thread.
1. For the version with venting valve, release the air and then unscrew the adsorber.
2. Remove the valve adapter by unscrewing.
3. Check O-ring for damage. Possibly. replace with new ones.
4. Press the pin on the lower part of the valve to check if the valve opens.
5. Purge at the upper part of the valve to check if (nearly) depressurized air escapes.
6. Screw the valve adapter back into the system.
Risk and Hazard Analysis
1. Humid Air flows into the System
Moist air can flow into the system at the porous points. The seal must be checked according to the maintenance schedule.
2. Valve Adapter is damaged
When selecting the ambient and operating conditions should be observed.
Ambient and operating temperatures should not exceed or exceed the specified range, otherwise the valve adapter may be damaged.
Incorrect or improper handling can damage the valve adapter. It is important to pay attention to the recommended installation.
3. Overpressure or Underpressure builds up in the System
Due to certain substances in the air, the valves can stick after long, unused storage at the beginning and build up an increased overpressure.
4. Thread of the Adsorber and Accessories is damaged
When mounting the adsorber as well as the valve part on the system, the threads must be slightly wetted with oil. Failure to lubricate the threads can lead to rubbing of the individual threads and is no reason for complaint.
1. Check O-ring for wear
|Check||The O-ring installed on the valve adapter must be checked for perfect condition. For this purpose the O-ring should be checked for brittleness.|
|Measures||If damage is present, the O-ring should be replaced.|
2. check air bleed valve
|Check||The venting valve installed on the valve adapter must be checked for perfect condition. For this purpose, it should be opened and closed briefly and it should be ensured that it lets air out without any problems or that it remains tight.|
|Measures||If damage is present, the valve adapter should be replaced.|
3. Optical control of the Valve Adapter
|Check||The valve adapter must be visually checked for damage. Damage can occur due to various environmental or operating conditions or improper handling.|
|Measures||If the valve adapter is damaged, it should be replaced to ensure full functionality.|
4. Check Valves for Deadlock
|Check||The valve adapter must be checked visually for contamination. To ensure long-term functionality, the valve should be checked for mobility.|
|Measures||If the valve does not open and close, replace the valve adapter with a new one to ensure proper functioning.|
5. Replacement of Wearing Parts
|Check||The wear parts of the valve adapter are to be checked with respect to their condition.|
|Measures||Regardless of the result of the test, it is recommended to replace the wearing parts to ensure smooth operation.|