Installation and Maintenance Instructions
according to Regulation DIN 82079
Information about the Manufacturer
Giebel FilTec GmbH
Aluminium, stainless steel, polycarbonat, FKM
No ingredients that must be named according to Regulation (EC) No. 1907/2006.
Structure and Materials
|Housing material||Aluminium / Stainless Steel||Aluminium|
|Protection valves||No||+/- 150mbar|
|Adsorber connetion||BSP G 1” female|
|Connection system||BSP G 1“ male|
|Operating temperature||-40°C - +80°C|
|Total weight [kg]||0,3 / 0,8||0,3 / 0,8||0,5|
|Diameter [mm]||102 (x2)||78 (x2)||107 (x2)|
Installation and Commissioning
1. Mount the protective adapter on the system.
Screw on and tighten.
2. If necessary, connect the electrical pressure indicator to your own system using an AMP plug.
3. Screw the adsorber into the upper thread. For this purpose, oil the thread slightly beforehand.
1. Unscrew adsorber.
2. If necessary, remove the AMP plug from the pressure gauge.
3. Unscrew the protection adapter and check the seal for damage. If necessary, replace with new one.
4. If protection adapter has been triggered, the optical pressure display must be reset by pressing the button.
5. Mount everything again.
Risk and Hazard Analysis
1. Humid Air flows into the System
Moist air can flow into the system at the porous points. The seal must be checked according to the maintenance schedule.
Pressure gauge damaged
Moist air flows through the damaged pressure gauge past the adsorber directly into the system. Rough or improper handling may damage the housing.
2. Protection Adapter is damaged
The ambient and operating temperatures should not exceed or exceed the specified range, otherwise the protective adapter may be damaged.
Incorrect or improper handling can damage the protection adapter. It is important to pay attention to the recommended installation.
Strong vibrations of the system can damage the protective adapter.
3. Thread from the Accessory or Adsorber is damaged
When mounting the adsorber as well as the valve part on the system, the threads must be slightly wetted with oil. Failure to lubricate the threads can lead to rubbing of the individual threads and is no reason for complaint.
1. Check Seal for Wear
|Check||The O-rings supplied with the protection adapter must be checked for perfect condition. For this, the seal should be examined for brittleness.|
|Measures||If there is any damage, the seal should be replaced.|
2. Check pressure gauge for damage
|Check||Check the pressure gauge for damage, especially on the plastic housing.|
|Measures||If the pressure gauge is damaged, the entire protection adapter must be replaced.|
3. Optical control of the Protection Adapter
|Check||The adapter must be visually checked for damage. Damage can occur due to various environmental or operating conditions or improper handling.|
|Measures||If the protection adapter is damaged, it should be replaced to ensure full functionality.|
4. Replacement of Wearing Parts
|Check||The wear parts, in particular the seal, are to be checked with respect to their condition.|
|Measures||Regardless of the result of the test, it is recommended to replace the wear parts to ensure smooth operation.|