Installation and Maintenance Instructions
according to Regulation DIN 82079
Information about the Manufacturer
Giebel FilTec GmbH
Aluminium, stainless steel, FKM
No ingredients requiring disclosure in accordance with Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006.
Structure and Materials
|Oil Bypass Adapter LK 41mm||Oil Bypass Adapter LK73mm|
|Material tube||Aluminium||Aluminium & Stainless Steel|
|Adsorber connection||BSP G 1/2“ female||BSP G 1” female|
|Anschluss Bypass||BSP G 1/2“ female||BSP G 3/4” female|
|System connection||LK 41mm (3x M5)||LK 73mm (DIN24557) (6x M5)|
|operating temperature||-40°C - +150°C|
|Total weight [kg]||0,4 | 0,4 | 0,3||2,3 | 1,8 | 1,3|
|Hose length [mm]||100 | 200 | 300||300 | 600 | 900|
Assembly and Commissioning
1. Place the flat gasket on the system in accordance with the bolt circle.
2. Shorten the tube of the bypass adapter to the desired length if necessary.
3. Place the bypass adapter on the flat gasket and align with the bolt circle.
4. Screw in and tighten screws with washers.
5. Screw the adsorber into the upper thread. For this purpose, lightly oil the thread beforehand.
6. Screw the filter system into the lateral threads using hoses.
1. Unscrew the adsorber.
2. Remove the screws from the bypass adapter.
3. Remove the bypass adapter and check the flat seal for damage. If necessary, replace with new ones.
4. Check pipes for damage. If there is damage that impairs the function, replace the adapter.
5. Reassemble everything.
Risk and Hazard Analysis
1. Humid Air flows into the plant
Moist air can flow into the system at the porous points. The seal must be checked according to the maintenance schedule.
2. Bypass Adapter is damaged
When selecting the bypass adaptor, the ambient and operating conditions should be considered. An aggressive environment or liquid in the container can damage the filling adapter.
The ambient and operating temperatures should not exceed or fall below the specified range, otherwise the bypass adaptor may be damaged.
Incorrect or improper handling may damage the bypass adaptor. The recommended installation must be observed.
3. Filter System is not working properly
Cross section of the tubes too small
When selecting the correct off-line adapter, the performance of the filter system must be matched to the cross sections of the pipes. A too small cross section generates an increased pressure.
Demolished tubes can affect the proper functioning of the filter system.
4. Thread of the Adsorber and Accessories is damaged
When mounting the adsorber as well as the valve part on the system, the threads must be slightly wetted with oil. Failure to lubricate the threads can lead to rubbing of the individual threads and is no reason for complaint.
1. Check Seals for Wear
|Check||The flat gasket supplied with the filling adapter must be checked for perfect condition. For this purpose the seal should be checked for brittleness.|
|Measures||If damage is present, the seal should be replaced.|
2. Check Tubes for damage
|Check||The tubes must be checked for damage.|
|Measures||If the tubes are damaged, the entire adapter must be replaced.|
3. Visual Inspection of the Bypass Adapter
|Check||Visually inspect the bypass adaptor for damage. Damage may occur due to various environmental or operating conditions or improper handling.|
|Measures||If the bypass adaptor is damaged, it should be replaced to ensure full functionality.|
4. Replacing the Wearing Parts
|Check||The wearing parts (here seal) must be checked with regard to their condition.|
|Cycle||Every two years|
|Measures||Regardless of the result of the test, it is recommended to replace the wearing parts to ensure smooth operation.|