Installation and Maintenance Instructions
according to Regulation DIN 82079
Information about the Manufacturer
Giebel FilTec GmbH
Aluminium, stainless steel, acrylonitrile butadiene rubber (NBR)
No ingredients that must be named according to Regulation (EC) No. 1907/2006.
Structure and Materials
|WA-90 / WA-W / WA-V|
|Housing material||Aluminium & Stainless Steel|
|System connection||BSP G ½“ & ¾“ & 1“ male|
|Adsorber connection||BSP G ½“ & ¾“ & 1“ female|
|Operating temperature||-40 … +150°C|
|WA-90||WA-W G3/4"||WA-W G1“||WA-W G1/2“||WA-V|
|Total weight [kg]||0,4||0,4||0,7||0,2||1,0|
Assembly and Commissioning
1. Screw on the adapter and align it in the desired direction. For this purpose, lightly oil the thread beforehand.
2. Counter with the usit-ring and the nut.
3. Screw the adsorber firmly into the other thread.
1. Unscrew the adsorber
2. Remove the angle adapter by unscrewing it.
3. Check the Usit-ring seal for damage. If necessary, replace with new one.
4. Screw the angle adapter back onto the drum/system.
Risk and Hazard Analysis
1. Moist air flows into the drum/IBC
Moist air can flow into the system at the porous points. The seal must be checked according to the maintenance schedule.
2. Angle Adapter is damaged
The ambient and operating conditions should be taken into account in the selection.
The ambient and operating temperatures should not exceed or fall below the specified range, otherwise the angle adapter may be damaged.
Incorrect or improper handling can damage the bypass adapter. Please pay attention to the recommended mounting.
3. Thread of the Adsorber and Accessories is damaged
When mounting the adsorber as well as the valve part on the system, the threads must be slightly wetted with oil. Failure to lubricate the threads can lead to rubbing of the individual threads and is no reason for complaint.
1. Check Usit-ring for Wear
|Check||The Usit-Ring installed on the angle adapter must be checked for perfect condition. For this purpose the usit-ring should be checked for brittleness.|
|Measures||If damage is present, the usit-ring should be replaced.|
2. Visual Inspection of the angle Adapter
|Check||The angle adapter must be checked visually for damage. Damage can occur due to various environmental or operating conditions or improper handling.|
|Measures||If the angle adapter is damaged, it should be replaced to ensure full functionality.|
3. Replacement of the Wearing Parts
|Check||The wearing parts, in particular the usit-ring of the angle adapter must be checked with regard to their condition.|
|Cycle||Every two years|
|Measures||Regardless of the result of the test, it is recommended to replace the wearing parts to ensure smooth operation.|